Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mist of Sorrow: a poem

Thick mist
I can’t escape
I feel as if I drown
In the air.

A burden
So heavy
It hurts
I find no comfort.

So many people
All around
Not understanding
Not reaching out.

I have not words
To tell them
All I feel is pain
Mind-numbing pain.

Sadness so heavy
Grief so sharp
It cuts my heart
There is no healing.

I am not understood
Never have been
Never will be
To go away again

And again, and
Again
Until they get
The meaning

Of loneliness
Confinement
Of the mind
And soul.

No cup of water
No bread to eat
If I ask You
My soul now to keep.


Catherine+ 09/19/2006

2 comments:

Will said...

Dear Catherine ... I've had this identical feeling, hence the lack of letters, and I ask you to please forgive me for not speaking up anyway just to say that I love and appreciate your friendship. I can only speak for myself when I say that sometimes I close my eyes so tightly during the times of my own painful darkness that I fail to allow myself to realize my brothers and sisters who might be suffering even more profoundly.

Love,
Will

Dan Morehead said...

Thank you for sharing this.