Wednesday, March 21, 2007

"I Have Not Yet Done That For Which I Was Made"

O Lord my God

teach my heart

where and how to seek you,

where and how to find you.


O Lord you are my God

and you are my Lord

and I have never seen you.



You have made me and remade me,

and you have bestowed on me all the good things I possess

and still I do not know you.


I have not yet done that for which I was made.


Teach me to seek you

for I cannot seek you unless you teach me

or find you unless you show yourself to me.


Let me seek you in my desire,

let me desire you in my seeking.

Let me find you by loving you,

let me love you when I find you.



Text by St Anslem.

Photos courtesy of ENS Images, Scott Gunn of InclusiveChurch.org and
Google Images.

Blogger's note: I am thankful to God, my Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, for leading the House of Bishops in the way of true wisdom and grace for all of God's people. It is my view that the calm, graciousness and intellect of our Presiding Bishop, Katharine, led the way and created the atmosphere for clarity and listening. And never has our House of Bishops been as clear and attentive to the needs of the baptized than on March 21st, in the year of our Lord, 2007.
Catherine+


No comments: