Saturday, December 01, 2012

"What will we find there?"

Tell me again
why I am standing in a bitter wind
sand flying all over
and around me


trying to fasten a saddle
on this stubborn camel
trying to keep my goods
from being lost to the desert.


Best robes and turbans
packed and still I wonder
will I really need them
where I am going,


off on some journey
where I am not sure of
what is to be found...
or whom?


There was the dream,
there was the voice that
well, seemed to speak
with such authority,


with such crystal clarity
I could not help myself
but move with purpose
to follow, of all things...


A star, immense,
stunningly bright
the effulgence of which
never have I seen.


Across the open dunes
we wonder, what is beneath
that star...
What will we find there,


some miracle, some treasure
a fortune teller, a prince?
Too early to tell
So we wait...


Wondering...


Catherine+

Photos courtesy of:
travissher.com, openstock photo, library.thinkquest.org

6 comments:

Fran said...

Here via Jan at Yearning for God...

This is so beautiful. Thank you and peace!

Jan said...

Catherine, I hope someday you'll collect all these Advent and Christmas poems and offer them for publication.

Beautiful. Lovely. Thank you.

gartenfische said...

Beautiful. So, so beautiful.

Thank you, Catherine.

gartenfische said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane R said...

Beautiful, Catherine. Thank you.

I am going to share this with my friend Liz, who reminded her Facebook friends today that the magi/3 kings started their journey way ahead of the day we remember them.

Jane R said...

Oh, but I see from FB that Liz has already discovered your blog!