Saturday, June 09, 2012

RevGal Blog Pals' Friday Five: More Randomness




Happy Friday, Gals and Pals...
Our FF today is in honor of spontaneous thinking!
So...
1. What religion/faith besides yours captures your curiousity and why?

Hinduism: because there is so much I don't know about it; the minutae of it and its influence on the history of India.

2. What is the first or most memorable pop song you ever learned as a kid?

I Don't Know How To Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar.

3. If God were a color.....(finish this sentence creatively)

...God would be an ever-changing rainbow alternating with bright warm light.

4. If you were going to make a sandwich right now for lunch, and you magically had all the items you need for it, what would that sandwich be?

Fresh sliced turkey on dark rye, mayo, a smudge of yellow mustard, fresh shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, a little red onion and red wine vinaigrette. Oh and a dill pickle spear on the side...

5. How are you doing? Really, how are you?

Behind the "I'm OK" is really an "All right" that's frayed on the end of all the letters. It is s stressful time job wise [as in no job], financially [enough to pay property taxes this fall and some cash each week], purposeful [with my volunteer work] and occasionally relaxing [when the sun does shine, I'm in the yard/garden or reading outside]. I am content but also sad for many reasons which I will not name here, but small things bring me quiet joy. I have friends, which is a kind of wealth all in nice people packages, and have met new people at Rotary, which I was invited to a few weeks ago and like it. That's probably more than most people will answer but that is me and there i am.

Bonus: What are you enjoying/loving right now?

Listening to Pabla complain and talk to me in Kittehese. Also the wideawakeness drinking coffee at 8:31pm at night will give you and make you do Friday Fives at 1:17am PST. Heh!


3 comments:

Jan said...

It's nice to see your answers, Catherine. (((Catherine)))

revkjarla said...

You write so visually, thank you!
The frayed edges of "all right"....
prayers for you, for your journey, for meaningful paid work, and more.

Eran Moar said...

seven billion gods are walking on the face of earth , and we are looking for one god in the sky ...